Source: CannbisFN.com Press Release, June 3 2014
Whitefish, MT / June 3, 2014 / Cannabis stocks were somewhat mixed over the past week, as traders continue to tread carefully amid ongoing regulatory risks. The SEC halted trading in several companies for “manipulative transactions” and “unlawful distribution of securities” leading investors to question the legitimacy of the sector. Despite these concerns, the legitimate firms in the space have continued to benefit and regulatory reforms continue to move North America towards more liberal policies.
Top gainers included DirectView Holdings Inc. (OTC: DIRV), which rose nearly 70% last week after opening a new office in Colorado, and Enertopia Corp. (OTC: ENRT) (CSE: TOP), which rose more than 25% last week after announcing a letter of intent with Lexaria Corp. to enter the medical cannabis industry. Top losers included AVT Inc. (OTC: AVTC), which fell more than 5% as traders took profit off the table, while many industry bellwethers have traded relatively even last week.
Several promising regulatory and scientific events also took place last week, helping legitimize and expand the industry’s potential. In a move towards more lenient policies, the House of Representatives proposed a bill that would prevent the DEA from targeting medical marijuana in states where it’s legal. Studies have also continued to demonstrate the efficacy of CBDs, including a new Brazilian study that showed CBD’s effectiveness in treating Social Anxiety Disorder (“SAD”).
– Affinor Growers: A Diversified Bet on Cannabis – CannabisFN takes a closer look at Affinor Growers Inc. (OTC: RSSFF) (CSE: AFI) and its innovative and diversified approach to capitalizing on the cannabis industry.
– House Moves to Prevent DEA from Targeting MMJ – The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill designed to limit the DEA’s ability to target the medical marijuana industry in states where the drug is legalized.
– Integrated Health: A Fully Integrated Cannabis Approach – CannabisFN takes a look at Interactive Health Network (OTC: IGRW) and its integrated approach to build out a brick-and-mortar and e-commerce footprint.
– CBD May Be Useful in Treating Social Anxiety Disorder – Brazilian researchers found that CBD – a component of cannabis – may be useful in treating Social Anxiety Disorder (“SAD”) in a new study.
– AnythingIT Targets Cannabis Job Market with New Site – AnythingIT Inc. (OTC: ANYI) announced the launch of WeedHire.com to target the employment niche of the burgeoning cannabis industry.
Feature Executive Interviews
In a recent interview with Maple Leaf Green World’s (OTC: MPEFF) (TSXV: MGW) VP of Operations Joe Wong, CannabisFN’s Mike Elliott discusses the company’s position in the rapidly growing cannabis industry and where it’s headed over the coming quarters.
In a recent interview with Interactive Health Network’s (OTC: IGRW) EVP of Marketing Cesar Vasquez, CannabisFN’s Mike Elliott discusses the company’s efforts to capitalize on the growing medicinal cannabis industry and its future potential.
In a recent interview with Affinor Growers Inc.’s (OTC: RSSFF) Chairman Nick Brusatore, CannabisFN’s Mike Elliott discusses the company’s diversified focus on farming cannabis, strawberries, and lettuce and the firm’s future potential.
What to Watch This Week
Cannabis stocks are likely to continue to tread cautiously given the regulatory scrutiny on the sector, but companies with real news to present should continue to see strong price movements. Traders will be watching these companies over the coming week, as well as watching for additional regulatory actions that could change the industry dynamics over the coming quarters.
– WeedStock Conference – June 29 to July 1, 2014 – The 1st Annual Cannabis Investor Conference in Denver, Colorado will feature networking events, industry speakers, expert panels, and more.
CannabisFN.com is a dedicated financial network covering new, emerging and established companies operating in the burgeoning multi-billion dollar medical marijuana (“MMJ”) and cannabis industries. CannabisFN’s coverage is syndicated on the leading industry specific and mainstream financial websites and social media. To learn more and request a media kit, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com/market-defining-companies-program/.
To subscribe to the CannabisFN newsletter or read additional coverage on cannabis laws and investments, visit www.cannabisfn.com.
Cannabis Financial Network is not a licensed broker, broker dealer, market maker, investment banker, investment advisor, analyst or underwriter. All information that we provide is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. Furthermore, investing in such securities involves substantial risk of loss and investors should seek advice from financial professionals before investing. CFN may be compensated for its services in the form of cash-based compensation or equity securities in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. View Full Disclaimer
Source: Accesswire IA (June 3, 2014 – 9:02 AM EDT)