Source: CannabisFN.com, 10-6-14
Whitefish, MT / Oct 6, 2014 / Cannabis industry stocks moved lower last week, according to the Marijuana Index(tm). Top gainers included Neutra Corp. (OTC: NTRR), which soared more than 100%, after its joint venture partner Vertigo Technologies acquired Contain a Grow. Industry bellwether GW Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: GWPH) also moved higher later in the week after it was upgraded by Zacks from Neutral to Outperform.
On the regulatory side, the cannabis industry continues to gear up for the November 2014 elections. Some polls have shown declining support for cannabis, but investors should read between the lines. At the same time, several more states have introduced ballot initiatives at the last second hoping to have them included on the November election ballots and ultimately signed into law.
– Endexx Expects to Launch Line of Cannsumables in October – Endexx Corporation (OTC: EDXC) recently announced that its Cannsummable division received an initial shipment of high-grade CBD oils.
– DC Brands Looks to Power the Cannabis Industry – DC Brands International Inc. (OTC: HRDN) was recently featured on CannabisFN and Erik Santus was featured in an interview with CFN’s Mike Elliott.
– Cannabis Therapy Finishes Up Hemp Harvest – Cannabis Therapy Corp. (OTC: CTCO) announced recently announced that it passed pre-harvest inspection by the Colorado Department of Agriculture.
– Cannabis Kinetics to Distribute Soil Additive – Cannabis Kinetics Corp. (OTC: CANK) recently announced an exclusive distribution agreement with Ivory Coco International Inc. to add Coco Coir to its product line-up.
– Insys Leverages Synthetic CBDs in Products – Insys Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: INSY) recently received orphan drug status for its pharmaceutical cannabidiol for the treatment of Glioblastoma Multiforme.
– Novus MedPlan Expands into Phoenix – Novus Acquisition & Development Corp. (OTC: NDEV) recently announced a partnership with LifeGuard Wellness Clinic to expand into Phoenix, Arizona.
– Is Support for Cannabis Legalization Waning? – A new 4,500-person survey found that support for legalization shrank from 51% in 2013 to 44% in 2014, but what does that mean for the industry?
– TNMNews Discusses Elderly Care and More – The National Marijuana News launched its third talk radio show on the Internet radio station Live365 on September 30, 2014 as well as on the company’s website.
– Cannabis Ballot Initiative Surfaces in Mississippi – A Mississippi-based cannabis activism group recently filed to place a ballot initiative on the November 2016 election ballot in Mississippi.
– Police Veteran Stars in Oregon Legalization Ad – Advocates for the legalization of cannabis in Oregon launched a $2 million advertising campaign featuring a 33-year old police veteran
– PA Senate Broadly Supports Medical Cannabis – Pennsylvania’s Senate approved a bill to legalize medical cannabis in a 43-7 vote last week, sending the bill to the House before going to Governor for a sign off.
CannabisFN’s Mike Elliott recently sat down with DC Brands International Inc. (OTC: HRDN) for an exclusive interview. Lotus Consulting Group – a recent HRDN acquisition – leader Erik Santus discussed the company’s plans to become a service provider to fully licensed medical and recreational marijuana businesses in Colorado.
Watch the full interview here:
CannabisFN’s Mike Elliott recently sat down with Mr. Aaron Herzberg, Esq., a marijuana strategist and investment banker. Mr. Herzber has worked with some of the biggest players in the industry to develop strategies to expand the market for legal cannabis in the U.S.
Watch the full interview here:
Marijuana Investment Conference – October 5th and 6th – The Westin Houston, Texas – A new industry conference where investors come to meet early-stage companies looking for funding to establish or scale their legal marijuana businesses. Learn more at http://www.marijuanainvestmentconferences.com/.
Cannabis Financial Network (CannabisFN) is brought to you by TDM Financial, a financial media group and owner of SECFilings.com with over a decade of experience educating investors, profiling public companies, and developing specific investors audiences. CannabisFN is the largest dedicated financial network covering the cannabis and medical marijuana (MMJ) industries and educates investors, business developers and media on industry news, thought leader and executive perspectives, and the fluid regulatory environment while serving as a leading corporate communications platform to public and private companies operating in the industry.
To learn how your company can be covered on CannabisFN, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com/market-defining-companies-program/.
To subscribe to the CannabisFN weekly newsletter or read additional coverage on cannabis laws and investments, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com/.
Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and may increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its services in the form of cash-based compensation or equity securities in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.